IPL 2020 is about to begin in September after a series of postponements from its original schedule in March. The tournament that brings together the best Cricketers from entire World is being held in UAE instead of India like every year due to the Global Pandemic. Cricket lovers all around the world are excited about the news of their favorite cricket league finally happening in these tough times.
Even though there are plenty of speculations surrounding the league, the official date was announced by BCCI as September 19th, 2020.
As the beginning date of IPL is closing in, here are some fun facts about IPL 2020.
- This is the 13th season of Indian Premiere League.
- This is the second time IPL is being held in UAE. The first time was in 2014 and the shift was due to Assembly Elections in India at the time.
- The final of IPL 2020 is on November 10, Tuesday. This is the first time in IPL history that the final match of the tournament is being held on a weekday.
- The matches will be played across 3 venues – Dubai, Abu Dhabi ad Sharjah.
- CSK Vice Captain and second highest Run Scorer in IPL, Suresh Raina opted out of IPL 2020 citing personal reasons.
- Players Deepak Chahar and Ruturaj Gaikwad from CSK Team and few of the Staff members have been reported positive for COVID-19.
- The travel restrictions and stay in UAE instead of in India is going to increase expenses significantly for the franchises.
- Plenty of safety Protocols will be followed during the tournament by all the support staff and management.
- If no audience is allowed in the stands to watch the sport, this would be the first IPL to happen without any spectators.
Amidst many fears and plenty of excitement, IPL is scheduled to begin on 19th September 2020. You can watch IPL 2020 live streaming on YuppTV from Europe (except UK & Ireland), Australia, Malaysia, Central and South America, Central Asia and SAARC Countries.